The other night we were sitting around the living room. Nikolas was asleep in bed, and I was feeling tired. I was feeling tired like it was getting close to bedtime, but a glance out the window told me that I had a long time to wait. I am having watch issues currently, the strap on my running watch breaking a while ago and the strap on my day-to-day watch unclasping itself once a day, and so I didn't have a watch on to check the time. After a while, I got up to make some tea (an attempt at getting myself through to bedtime) and was surprised to see that it was already after 9:00 pm! The sun is currently rising just after 5:00 am and setting after 9:00 pm. By 10:00 or so, it is finally dark. Heading into the summer solstice, still a couple weeks away, our days will only be getting lighter and longer. It's a strange things to have it so light, so late - the total opposite of our very dark and long winter. This photo was taken from our kitchen window at 9:15 pm last night, showing Wüstenrot (an insurance company) with almost the same appearance that it had at 9:15 this morning!