April 15 is Tax Day in America. Here it is summer tire day, the day when you can take off the winter tires from your car without fear of getting in trouble. There must be a low enough risk for severe winter weather after April 15 for that date of all dates to make sense. This year, certainly, it does.
Spring has sprung! It's hard to believe that it was just a couple weeks ago, the end of March, that it was still snowing. We've had a string of gorgeously sunny and warm days and suddenly the flowers are blooming and, overnight, there are leaves on the trees.
Ah, spring.
I wrote a poem when I was six years old that still rings true on days like these:
I'm going to sing
for the day is spring.
And the sun is shining
and my rhyme is rhyming.
The daffodils are beautiful
when the wind blows.
They bow down low.