Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Run / Mein Lauf

I've settled into a running routine with two routes, one about 3 1/2 miles and the other about 4 1/2. Depending on my mood, I either run shorter or longer. I've been trying to figure out a good departure time, early before Nikolas wakes up (because he always says, "Mommy, don't go running," but late enough that there is some light in the sky. 6:20 seems to be about right for now, although the sun doesn't actually peek over the horizon until about 7:30 because it's coming up over the Gaisberg, a small mountain. My route includes one minute through apartment buildings, two minutes through small chalets/chateaus, and then I'm out in the country side on a biking, walking, horse riding path. Scenery on both routes is pretty much the same (and it sure beats running in Pennington!). Here's what I see along the way:
The Gaisberg. You can make out the ugly church steeple in the middle of the photo which is just down the way from our apartment building.

A house with a moat built in 1547!

The castle.

The Untersberg mountain.

My running routes are inspiring, although I'm not always inspired to run!